Absolutely delicious and super simple to make Crockpot Chicken Enchilada Soup! This easy to put together slow cooker soup is loaded with bold, hearty flavors, and lots of comfort. Throw it together in the morning, and come home to a bowl of warm and flavorful soup.
EASY CROCKPOT SOUP WITH ALL THE FLAVOR OF CHICKEN ENCHILADAS
Crock Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup is everything that you love about chicken enchiladas, but in the form of soup! Packed with chunks of chicken, tomatoes, beans, and corn, this is a perfect, easy and filling weeknight meal.
What I love most is that you can throw everything in your slow cooker earlier in the day, and in the evening you have a delicious soup ready to just eat! It’s slightly creamy, a bit of spicy, and a whole lot of delish!
Topped with cheese, cilantro, and a dollop of sour cream, this is a very tasty and filling soup with the right amount of chunky and creamy.
P.S. Avocado on top would be an awesome addition!
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN ENCHILADA SOUP IN THE CROCK POT
This soup requires very little prep work! I like to sauté the onions with the garlic in a skillet, first, and then add them to the crock pot. However, you don’t have to do that. You can add the onions in there without cooking them.
- Toss the enchilada sauce into your crock pot (slow cooker) together with the onions, tomatoes, corn, beans, and chicken breasts.
- Season and stir it all together to combine.
- Cover and set it on LOW for 6 hours, or until chicken is cooked through.
- You can also set it on HIGH for 3 hours, or until chicken is done.
- Once the chicken is cooked, take it from the slow cooker, shred it, and add it back to the soup.
- The last ingredients added are some cheese and a little bit of heavy cream to add thickness and creaminess. You can definitely leave those out, but I wouldn’t. 🙂 Sometimes, I even blend the soup just a little bit with a hand blender to make it even thicker.
By dinner time, you will have this luscious soup to share with everyone. I suggest to taste for seasonings and adjust accordingly. Most of the time, I can’t get the salt/pepper thing right when this much soup is in question. Am I alone in that?!
Nonetheless, this soup delivers a big bowl of fresh comfort and happy tummies each and every time.
HOW TO STORE CHICKEN ENCHILADA SOUP
- Store in airtight containers and keep in the fridge for up to 4 days.
HOW TO FREEZE CHICKEN ENCHILADA SOUP
- Transfer the COMPLETELY cooled soup to freezer bags, and keep in the freezer for 2 to 3 months.
- To thaw, take out from the freezer the night before and set it in the refrigerator overnight.
- Reheat in a soup pot over medium heat.
MORE SOUP RECIPES
- Crock Pot Lemon Rice Soup
- Slow Cooker French Onion Soup
- Instant Pot Chicken Zoodle Soup
- Ham and Sweet Potato Soup
Crock-Pot SCCPVL610-S-A 6-Quart Cook & Carry Programmable Slow Cooker with…
Simply Gourmet Measuring Cups and Measuring Spoons Set Stainless Steel…
EXTRA LARGE Organic Bamboo Cutting Board with Juice Groove – Best Kitchen…